Going Green: A Handy-Dandy Guide To Eco-Friendly Gift-Giving
Corporate gift-giving is an excellent way to convey your heartfelt appreciation to your clients, employees and potential clients. With eco-friendly corporate gifts, you’re also showcasing your support for the environment. As more and more companies are starting to recognise the importance of sustainable practices, it’s more vital than ever to ensure that your company’s economic success isn’t at the expense of social and environmental responsibilities.
What does it mean to give eco-friendly gifts?
Eco-friendly corporate gifting is meant to reduce waste on top of encouraging the recipient to embrace a sustainable lifestyle. Giving eco-friendly corporate gifts takes the gift-giving experience up a notch. So, if you’re wondering how to start, consider gifts that give back to the Earth!
What makes a gift “eco-friendly”?
There are many forms of eco-friendly gifts, also known as sustainable gifts. They can be zero-waste toiletries, utensils made from organic materials or office tools made from recycled plastic. Or, they can also be gifts that encourage the receiver to be more sustainable. While there’s no exact definition as to what makes a gift eco-friendly, here are some forms these sustainable gifts can take:
- Gifts made from environmentally-friendly, recycled and repurposed materials
- Gifts that are locally sourced or made from organic materials
- Gifts that help eliminate the widespread use of single-use plastics
What are the benefits of giving eco-friendly gifts?
Sustainable corporate gifts can be customised to feature your company branding so it ties into your marketing strategy while boosting company image. If you’re wondering how eco-friendly gift-giving benefits your company, then read on!
1. Reinforces brand value: As the cliché goes, actions speak louder than words. Even though sustainable corporate gifts may be a bit pricier than conventional corporate gifts, eco-friendly gift-giving sets your company apart from other companies. Hence, it’s worth the expense because it demonstrates your commitment to a cause and willingness to invest in environmental responsibility!
2. Improves brand image: Giving products made with eco-friendly materials communicates to the recipient that your business knows how to stay relevant. It also shows how your business aligns with the public’s views on saving the Earth.
3. Increased customer loyalty: Deciding to give sustainable gifts may seem like a small step, but it does wonders in demonstrating your company’s commitment to corporate social responsibility. Thus, customers who see the value in being socially and environmentally responsible are more likely to remain loyal to your business. This is similar to giving eco-friendly products to your employees, who’d feel proud to know that they’re working with a forward-thinking company.
What are some eco-friendly corporate gift ideas?
Corporate gift-giving isn’t reserved only for the holidays! In fact, giving gifts on any typical day would add to the element of surprise. If your goal this year is to give eco-friendly presents that are reusable, consider the following three ideas:
1. Collapsible cups: In 2019 alone, Singaporeans used up 467 million PET bottles, as reported by Channel News Asia (CNA). That’s the size of 94 Olympic-sized swimming pools which are approximately 50 metres long and 2 metres deep! Of course, more can be done to reduce our plastic usage, which makes reusable coffee cups a fitting gift.
2. Cutlery set: Most of us are guilty of eating with disposable cutleries whenever we order lunch to-go. A cutlery set is effective in minimising takeout waste and is easy to store in your bag, desk or car.
3. Tote bags: Tote bags are incredibly useful gifts that can even showcase your company’s branding. Since it’s practical and durable, recipients can use it for years – rather than resort to thousands of plastic bags. A simple tote bag can be used as a grocery bag, gym bag, and many more.
Sustainability isn’t merely a fad, but a movement that’s here to stay. Eco-friendly gift-giving is just the beginning of adopting green practises in the workplace! Hopefully, by being more eco-conscious, you’d inspire your clients, customers, employers and competitors to do the same.
At Vivopress, we offer an array of corporate gifts such as corporate pens! On top of providing personalisation services, we also offer cost-effective ways to get the name of your business out, like through tissue packet printing. As you embark on your green journey, we would love to help imprint a positive image of your brand to your recipients through high-quality corporate gifts! Feel free to get in touch with us to know more about our services.